Breasts are a very important feature of women’s overall appearance, her body shape and her persona. Unfortunately not all of us are blessed with large breasts. Because of this, most women opt to have breast augmentation surgery. There are many other reasons why women undergo breast enhancement surgery such as increasing the size of the breasts, correcting the asymmetrical breasts, sagging of breasts caused by aging, breast change after child birth, congenital defects and to restore breast volume lost after weight reduction. Breast augmentation surgery provides a solution to this problem that helps to improve the balance of your figure and to enhance your self-image. Breast augmentation surgery is one of the most common cosmetic surgery procedures in the United States.
Breast augmentation recovery includes a post-surgical recovery period of 24 to 48 hours and limited additional activities for a period of few days. Follow your doctor’s instructions as it is a key to the success of your surgery.
1. You may experience some pain, bruising and swelling after breast augmentation surgery. Apply a cold compression for 20 minutes on swollen area. Make sure you remove it for 40 minutes and then repeat it as this may help to minimize swelling and discomfort. While applying cold compression, cover the swollen area with a paper towel.
2. Massaging the breasts daily will help to keep the implants soft and properly positioned.
3. Avoid hot shower as hot and steamy water may worsen swelling.
4. You will probably feel fatigue, soreness and discomfort for few days after the breast augmentation surgery, so you need to take a plenty of rest, which is very important to the healing process.
5. Avoid touching the breasts directly as you may feel breast sensitivity.
6. Avoid heavy lifting at least for four weeks.
7. You should also avoid strenuous physical activity like upper body weight exercises and push ups, for at least three weeks after procedure.
8. Avoid extending and straining your arms over your head for about a week following your surgery.
9. Maintain a healthy diet.
10. Drink a lot of water to avoid dehydration.
11. Avoid sodium intake as it will reduce fluid retention.
12. Sleep in an elevated position for at least two weeks after the surgery, which may help to improve your blood circulation that in turn reduces the pain and swelling.
13. Sexual activity may be resumed once your body is recovered.
14. Your surgeon may also prescribe over-the-counter pain relievers like acetaminophen that help to relieve pain and discomfort.
15. Your doctor may also suggest you to wear compression bandage, postoperative bra for the initial two weeks after surgery to help aid the recovery process.
About: Advanced Skincare Surgery & Medcenter is a one of the best providers of breast enlargement surgery in Orange County, California. Here you will have guaranteed results for kind of cosmetic and plastic surgery in Orange County and you will get long-term solutions to your problems.